The announcement of the Sustainable Tourism Awards winners edition has taken place during the virtual Annual General Assembly of Skål International.
The Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards, launched in 2002, are geared towards enhancing the visibility and grant recognition to entities from the Travel and Tourism industry.
Our appreciation goes to Biosphere Tourism and the Responsible Tourism Institute for their continuous cooperation in the frame of these Awards for third consecutive year. This year, they have exceptionally granted two Skål Biosphere Sustainable Lifestyle Special Awards instead of one.
WINNERS OF THE 2021 SKÅL INTERNATIONAL
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM AWARDS
– COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENT PROJECTS: Servicios Ecoturísticos El Jorullo, Mexico.
– COUNTRYSIDE AND BIODIVERSITY: Chai Lai Orchid, Thailand.
– EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES AND MEDIA: Tourism Industry Aotearoa, New Zealand.
– MAJOR TOURIST ATTRACTIONS: The Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa.
– MARINE AND COASTAL: Six Senses Laamu, The Maldives.
– RURAL ACCOMMODATION: Sardegna Grand Hotel Terme, Italy.
– TOUR OPERATORS AND TRAVEL AGENTS: City Sightseeing, South Africa.
– URBAN ACCOMMODATION: The Grand Hotel, Sri Lanka.
WINNERS OF THE 2021 SKÅL BIOSPHERE SUSTAINABLE LIFESTYLE SPECIAL AWARDS
– The Cape Town International Convention Centre, South Africa.
– Chai Lai Orchid, Thailand.
The independent jury has been made up by three prominent and distinguished personalities who have acted in representation of internationally recognized entities. They have evaluated the 50 entries received based on leadership criteria in sustainability that encompass tangible, measurable benefits to the environment, enhance business, and the society and communities in which they operate.
Skål International would like to thank all the entities presented to these awards for their participation, as well as give sincere congratulations to all the winners in this edition which is being held in a year of challenges, in which the fight for the restoration of Tourism at a global level must be the priority of all of us who are part of the industry.