The Hotel is in a refurbished building overlooking the Gulf of Cefalù. It is surrounded by a vast park filled with the typical northern Sicilian plant Ailanthus, better known as “Albero del Paradiso”, which gave the Hotel its name. The park has been created around three XVIII century water mills and it overlooks the clear Mediterranean and the famous Rocca, the imposing rock part of the local UNESCO protected Geopark.
– Architecture (energy efficient insulation systems for walls, roofs and windows; engineered systems to contain noise and gas emissions into the atmosphere)
– Management of energy and water resources;
– Waste management;
– Limited use of chemicals;
– Keeping to local traditions, produce and recipies;
– Guest education on sustainable choices.
The Hotel monitors and encourages these initiatives through an Environmental Management System that includes regular staff workshops, monitoring energy consumption and prioritizing fellow ECOLABEL EU certified suppliers (and other environmental management system certification holders).
Alberi del Paradiso is working towards the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
Alberi del Paradiso has been accredited as a Sustainable Destination according to the European Union’s EU Ecolabel criteria.